With just days until our first show of Aladdin, we as a cast have been making major preparations to make it bigger and better than what it was. We now have a set which looks great and we now have our costumes. I am really looking forward to the shows as it will be so much fun and we can all show off how much work we have all put into this. 

At the beginning of the week we had to do tech runs and sound runs to ensure all cues are in the right places. It did take a long time but was still interesting to see what other people have to do behind the scenes when we are on stage. We have been running and running our pantomime all week to ensure it is at its best and to ensure all scenes, songs and dances are tightened up. We also got given some feedback sheets to show what grade we are working at. It was interesting to see where I was in the marking criteria and now that I know what I need to do, I need to try and apply this. Some of the feedback that I got back was to smile during chorus numbers, to bring more to the table as my characters and that I am out of time during the dances. I have spent some time independently going through the dances that I am in as well as going through them with peers. I have also spoke to my peers about how I can develop my roles in the pantomime.
We have also made some changes to our entrances and exits, now that we have an actual set on stage with us. This meant we had to block the whole of the show again. We also added in some major things such as having a chase scene which I am part of https://www.youtube.com/feature=player_embedded.
I did really enjoy being part of the chase scene as it was a lot of fun and rather comical. It was also one of my favourite scenes in the entire show. As it included us all to go from really fast-paced into slow motion, it allowed us to improvise a little with some of the reactions we had from myself being distracted by the Princess and her handmaidens to realising I had been tricked to look the other way in order for Aladdin to escape. I tried to make it look really obvious that I got tricked by Wishee Washee and I did this by changing my facial expressions throughout.
No comments:
Post a Comment